Join Laureli Shimayo for an online Circle.
Laureli is experimenting with Online Circling as a way to include those who might not be able to attend in-person Circles with her in the Seattle area. This is the first time she is hosting a Circle online. We will learn together. As with all Circles, it will be unique. And it will be great!
WHAT IS AUTHENTIC RELATING?
AR is about what is real and now. It's about what you are feeling and experiencing in your bodily felt sense. It's about your actual thoughts and emotions in the moment, whether they be scared, joyful, sad, etc. It's about the nature of connectedness when you look into the eyes of another being. Authentic Relating is a growing movement with communities around the globe gathering to connect and enrich our human experience. The two most common AR activities are Transformational Games & Circling. ( https://www.authrev.com/worldwide-connection & http://www.circlinginstitute.com/circling/what-is-circling/ )
CIRCLING is a way for us to practice presence in relationship with others. It is a group experience that leaves space for individual emotional expression, reflection and sharing of impact - where we are encouraged to follow our impulses, speak our truths, and explore relating with one another authentically in the present moment. The practice of circling allows us to slow down, bring our attention to our own felt experience, and share our inner worlds with one another, noticing what happens within us and what arises within the group as we do so. The intention is to connect from a place of curiosity and to strive for clarity as we bring awareness to what is implicit and make it explicit. The goal is not to change one another, but instead to be with what is, celebrating and honoring who and where we all are right now. As we circle, we practice breaking through the assumptions and projections we may have about each other to allow for deeper connection and greater understanding to emerge.
If this is your first time Circling, please skim this Guide before you join us: http://thrive-wise.com/a-guide-to-circling-an-authentic-relating-activity/ (pasted below in the comments too).
- Thursday April 4, 6:30-8:30pm PT (7:30-9:30 MT, 8:30-10:30 CT, 9:30-11:30 ET)
- Cost: $20 ( PayPal.me/LaureliShimayo or we can send you an invoice)
- Contact Laureli at Laureli@ThriveTypes.com or 720-352-2434 (text is best) to sign up.
- Please arrive 5-10 minutes early to settle into the space so we can begin at 6:35pm. We will not admit anyone to the Circle after 6:45pm.
- We’ll go over agreements, introduce Circling and then do one longer Circle.
- We are an inclusive community. Newcomers to Authentic Relating and mature teens (as well as adults) are welcome.
This event is on Facebook at: https://www.facebook.com/events/362101141182302/
- Please note that Authentic Relating events are not a therapeutic setting, and Laureli is not here as a counselor. If you have needs that would best be served by a mental health professional, do not consider this practice as a substitute for such care.
- Authentic Relating events can facilitate people making deep connections. Not everyone brings that connected experience with them after an event. Please remember to practice everyday politeness if you reach out to someone to connect socially after an event.
- If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact Laureli.
Laureli Shimayo is an Authentic Relating facilitator who specializes in Circling. She has been part of Authentic Portland since 2015 and Authentic Seattle since 2018. In everything she does, Laureli brings her insightful and intuitive mind along with her engaged and present heart. Laureli is also an Intuitive Eye Reader, a Body Psychology Coach, a matchmaker, a career guide and much more. www.LaureliShimayo.com